City Treasurer commonly acts as the chief budget officer for the city. General duties of the treasurer are;
- Receive all money belonging to the city;
- Keep accounts and books in the manner prescribed by law;
- Keep the city’s moneys separate and distinct from personal and other funds;
- Disburse the city’s moneys only upon proper authorization;
- Submit interim reports and the receipts and expenditures to the city monthly or as specified by the governing body;
- Prepare an annual report which shows in detail all receipts and expenditures and the state of the treasury.