Victim & Witness Services
Fremont County 24/7 Crisis Hot Line: 307-856-4734
The Lander Police Department Victim & Witness Advocate Program was created to help victims of crimes navigate through the criminal justice system and ensure they receive appropriate services. To see our full brochure click Here.
The services provided include but are not limited to: Accompanying victims to court; notification of court dates; assist with restitution claims; assistance with filing crime victim compensation claims; facilitating with the return of evidence; crisis intervention: and referrals to other service providers and resources.
Our Victim & Witness Advocacy Program serves all persons victimized by crimes committed within Lander Municipal Court. We do not discriminate based on race, national origin, religion, sex, disability or age. Our office hours are Monday- Friday, 8-4 excluding holidays.
Wyoming Victim Bill of Rights
- The Right to be treated with compassion, respect, and sensitivity within the criminal justice system.
- The Right to know the whereabouts of the Defendant and to be informed about the details and progress of your case.
- The Right to receive restitution from offenders.
- The Right to be informed about Wyoming Crime Victim Compensation
- The Right to employ an attorney and proceed with civil action.
- The Right to reasonable protection and safety and the right to know of legal recourse if threatened.
- The Right to preservation of employment while participating in the criminal justice process.
- The Right to be informed about the opportunity to make a victim impact statement at sentencing and parole hearings.
- The Right to be provided with the names and official phone numbers and address of the primary individuals working on your case.
- The Right to be present at trial.
For more Victim & Witness information please call our Victim Witness Coordinator:
Darline Combs, 307-332-3401 extension 8, cell 307-330-4400. Or you can call Lander Dispatch, 307-332-3131. All calls are confidential with your security in mind.